Green Bean and Sesame Salad
Light and fresh, this simple salad buzzes with flavour.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 5 minutes
- 500g (1 lb) fine green beans
- 30ml (2 T) mint
- 30ml (2 T) Italian parsley
- 30ml (3 T) white wine vinegar
- ¼ small red onion
- 75ml (5 T) olive oil
- 15ml (1 T) sesame seeds
- Blanch the green beans for 5 minutes, then plunge into ice water until cold. Dry well and place on a platter.
- Blend the mint, parsley, white wine vinegar, red onion and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over the beans. Toast the sesame seeds and sprinkle them over the beans. Serve immediately.
© sharon glass 2012 | For more recipes: www.sharonglass.co.za