Greek Potato and Spinach Salad
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 stick butter (8 tablespoons, 4 ounces or 1/2 cup)
- 6 Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 12 pieces each
- 1 head of garlic, peeled into cloves
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup more of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 10 ounces of baby spinach
- Sprinkled sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat and add the first olive oil and butter.
- When the butter has melted and begins to sizzle, add the potatoes and brown slowly and patiently for 15-20 minutes, turning them as necessary until they have evenly browned on all sides.
- Meanwhile finely chop or puree the garlic.
- Whisk the lemon, second olive oil, garlic and oregano into a small bowl and whisk until emulsified.
- Put browned potatoes into a salad bowl and toss with garlic dressing, salt and pepper and spinach.