Easy, Moderate, Complex
Yield : 4 cups
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 granny smith apples, diced
- 1 peach, blanched, peeled and diced
- 6 to 8 tomatoes, blanched, pealed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (125 ml)
- 1/2-cup cider vinegar (125 ml)
- Dash of garlic Tabasco sauce
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes (2 ml)
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, add oil, onions, apples and peaches, sautéing until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, Tabasco, cinnamon stick, cloves and chili flakes. Season with salt and pepper and lower heat. Cook for about 1 hour, until reduced by half.
- Serve with the vegetarian Sheppard’s pie.
- Will last in the fridge for one week.