Gourmet Beef Burger
- 500g beef mince (ground beef)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 8 slices pancetta
- 4 burger buns, halved and toasted
- 4 thick slices vintage cheddar cheese
- salad leaves, caramelised onion relish or tomato chutney, to serve
- Place the mince, garlic, tomato paste, sauce, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Shape into 4 large flat patties.
- Place a round of pancetta on each side of each patty.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook the patties for 4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Place the patties on the base of the toasted buns and top with cheese, salad leaves and onion or chutney.
- Top with remaining bun halves and serve.