Serves – 6
- 500g fresh gooseberries
- 125ml water
- 15ml custard powder, mixed with a little cold water
- 250ml cream, whipped
- 250ml milk
- 5ml vanilla extract
- 3 egg yolks
- 60ml castor sugar
- Put the gooseberries into a saucepan with the water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until the fruit is soft.
- Remove and liquidize to form a puree.
- Return the puree to the saucepan.
- Add the custard powder and bring to the boil to thicken.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Fold the cream into the prepared custard and swirl through the cooled gooseberry mixture.
- Spoon into serving glasses and chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours before serving.