Goat’s Cheese Soufflé
Cheat’s Goat’s Cheese Soufflé With Roasted Beetroot Salad
- 150g soft goat’s cheese
- 1½ cups (375ml) single (pouring) cream
- Sea salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups (140g) fresh white breadcrumbs
- Roasted beetroot salad
- 600g baby red and golden beetroot (beets)
- 6 rosemary sprigs
- Olive oil and sea salt, for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- To make the roasted beetroot salad, trim, wash and scrub the beetroot, reserving the smaller leaves.
- Discard the stems.
- Place the beetroot and rosemary on a baking tray and sprinkle with oil and salt. Roast for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Set aside. To make the soufflé, place the cheese, cream, salt and egg yolks in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and fluffy.
- Fold through the breadcrumbs.
- Place the eggwhites in a clean bowl and beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold the whites into the cheese mixture.
- Spoon into 4 x 1½-cup capacity (375ml) lightly greased ramekins and bake for 20–25 minutes or until puffed and golden. To serve, halve the larger beetroot and toss with the leaves.
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper and spoon over the salad.
- Serve with the soufflé.