- 15ml (1tbsp) instant coffee granules dissolved in 125ml (1/2 cup) boiling water
- 60ml (4tbsp) coffee liqueur
- 1 x 200g packet of Gingernut biscuits
- 375ml (1/2 cups) cream, whipped
- 50g dark chocolate
- a few nuggets of glace ginger, finely chopped
- Leave the coffee mixture to cool then stir in the liqueur. Quickly dip the biscuits, one at a time, into the coffee liqueur mixture. Don’t leave them too long because they become soggy. Smear one side of each biscuit with whipped cream.
- On a serving plate position the first cream smeared biscuit upright at one end and repeat with the remaining biscuits so they are stacked in a log shape.
- Spread the remaining cream over the log covering the biscuits.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzzle over the log and sprinkle over the chopped ginger. Chill to set before serving.