- Pre-cut cards available from most scrapbooking stores.
- Alternatively, “card-stock” paper which can be cut to size.
- Contrasting or complimentary papers.
- A selection of embellishments such as buttons, glass beads, wire items, ribbon, florists ribbon, metal castings, stickers, die-cuts, etc.
- Calligraphy pens
- Sticky Dots or a glue gun.
- A guillotine or craft knife and ruler if you are cutting your card.
Tips and suggestions:
- If you are making your own card from scratch, measure carefully and cut with a sharp guillotine or craft knife.
- Score along the foldline before folding, to ensure a neat fold.
- Assemble your decorative pieces on the card and move them around until you are happy with the layout.
- Only then stick them down using Sticky Dots or a glue gun.
- Practice using the calligraphy pens until you are comfortable with them – only then write your unique and personalized message.
- If you prefer, you can print your message on velum (parchment-like paper) and stick that on the inside of your card with velum tape, which will not show through.
- You could also use brads – a type of split pin – to attach your message.