Chefs tip Remember the chicken thigh tastes great – does not tend to dry out like the breast and of course represents good value for money.
- 2 slices good whole wheat or sour dough bread
- 200g boneless Chicken thigh
- 1/2 tsp Tumeric
- 1 tsp Coriander, ground
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1cm piece of Ginger
- 1 tblsp crunchy peanut butter
- 60ml Coconut cream
- 1 Fresh chilli
- Fresh coriander – chop half
- 3 tblsp thick fresh egg mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Spring onions, chopped
- Slice the chicken into strips and marinate in the dry spices and a little oil for 3 hrs or so.
- Blitz or pound the ginger and garlic with a little oil.
- Fry the chicken quickly in a hot non stick pan until slightly brown.
- Reduce the heat and add the ginger & garlic paste, crunchy peanut butter and the coconut cream. Cook for approx 2 minutes.
- As the mixture begins to thicken and the liquid evaporates remove from the heat.
- Add the fresh chilli, chopped coriander and the spring onions.
- Cut the bread into thick slices and toast or grill. Mix a good dollop of Dijon mustard into the mayonnaise and spread thickly onto the toast.
- Heap the spicy chicken mixture on top and scatter the remaining coriander over the chicken.
- Serve with thick cut chips a cool beer or chilled fruit driven wine.