Garlicky Bok Choy
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook: 8 minutes
Total: 23 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound baby bok choy, split in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock, or canned, low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth, or water
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, optional
- Place a 14-inch saute pan over medium-high heat, and add the oil. When it is hot, add the crushed red pepper and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the bok choy, cut sides down, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, wine, chicken stock, and sesame oil, and cook for 3 minutes, until the stock is mostly reduced. Add the almonds, if desired.
- Turn the bok choy so that it is evenly coated. Remove from the heat and serve immediately.