Yield: 4 servings
- One head of broccoli
- A splash of olive oil
- A clove or two of thinly sliced garlic
- A splash of water
- A sprinkle or two of salt and pepper
- Cut the broccoli into florets discarding the tough stems. Splash enough water into the bottom of a small saucepot to cover the bottom about 1/4 inch deep.
- Add the oil, garlic and salt then begin heating over a medium high heat.
- In a few moments – when the water starts to simmer – add the broccoli and cover the pot with a tight fitting lid.
- Steam until the broccoli is tender and bright green, about five minutes.
- The water should finish evaporating just as the broccoli finishes cooking.
- Remove the pan from the heat and give it a good shake. Serve immediately.