- 750g peeled potatoes
- 100g butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt, to season
- Black pepper, to season
- 25ml fresh thyme leaves
- Thinly slice the potatoes and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Heat the butter in a pan with the crushed garlic and leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Season the potatoes with salt.
- Add the thyme and toss to coat.
- Pour the butter over the potatoes and mix lightly.
- Stack the potato slices into a 12 hole cupcake pan, starting with large slices and finishing with little ones.
- Pour the butter over the stacks.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190°C for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and golden. They should also have a few crispy sections.
- Gently remove the stacks with a spatula.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and serve with a sprinkling of black pepper.