Keep it contained
Tanya tackles container gardening as she shows how easy and convenient it is to grow plant in containers.
Then she discusses plants that will do well in containers and of course gives you some tips on how to keep them looking good.
In the DIY slot, Tanya show you how to make you very own unique pot
What you need
- X2 Plastic bowls (x1 Large and 1 smaller)
- Releasing agent (cooking oil, olive oil or any oily liquid)
- A small paintbrush
- A trowel
What to do
- Mix 1 part riversand, 1 part stone and 1 part cement with enough water to form a concrete mixture of a runny consistency. ( If you want some colour – add some cement oxide to the mixture)
- Use the releasing agent to coat the two plastics bowls (coat the large bowl on the inside and smaller on the outside)
- Place a little bit of you concrete mixture to form the base (don’t make it too thick).
- Then take the smaller bowl and place it inside the larger on top of the concrete mixture. (Make sure that it is in the centre )
- Fill up smaller bowl with damp riversand to keep it down
- Fill up the space between the 2 bowls with concrete up to top the smaller bowl.
- Place a brick on top to make sure there is no movement. Then use a damp sponge just to neaten up the mould.
- Leave the mould to dry for about 2 days or until you are comfortable that they are dry.
- Take them out of the moulds and remember to drill a hole at the bottom of the pot for drainage.