What you need:
- X1 Plastic bowl
- X3 pieces copper tubes (3cm)
- Small PVC pipe (3cm)
- Sphagnum moss
- ½ bucket river sand
- ½ bucket cement
What to do:
- Mix ½ builder’s bucket of river sand, ½ builder’s bucket cement with a little amount of water to form a dry mixture (similar to a floor mix).
- Place PVC pipe piece in the middle of the plastic bowl.
- Pack a layer of the concrete mix (to the same level as the pvc pipe) to form a base
- Spread some sphagnum moss on the sides’ plastic bowl all the way to the top, then pack the concrete mixture on top of moss, covering the moss completely.
- Insert the copper tubes into the concrete mixture at least 5cm from the top of the plastic bowl mould. Make sure these are pushed though the mixture. (These will form hanging holes for the basket)
- Leave the basket mould to dry for 2 days or more if necessary.
- First take the dry concrete basket from the plastic bowl then remove the pvc pipe from the centre basket
- Thread through the rope that will be used to hang the basket in the holes created by the copper tubes.
- The basket is now ready to be planted.