Yudhika is cooking with the fresh flavours of Italy today She starts by preparing a hearty Veal Cottage Pie topped with Parmesan Cheese followed by a Penne with Chicken and Artichoke dish. To finish off the feast a Malva Pudding with a touch of Italian liqueur and a luscious chocolate sauce.
- For the Pudding
- 2 eggs
- 250ml sugar
- 300ml cake flour
- 5ml bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 100ml milk
- 50ml fresh cream
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 30ml butter, melted
- 15ml vinegar
- 15ml apricot jam
- For the Sauce:
- 250ml fresh cream
- 185ml butter
- 125ml sugar
- 125ml Frangelico
- 60ml cocoa
- Beat the eggs until light in colour, and gradually add the sugar.
- Continue beating until the eggs are pale and fluffy.
- Add half the flour and mix.
- Pour in the milk, cream and vanilla.
- Add a pinch of salt and stir to combine.
- Add the remaining flour and bicarbonate of soda.
- Stir once again, and then add the melted butter, vinegar and apricot jam.
- Once the ingredients are mixed, pour the batter into a greased casserole dish about 20cm x 20cm.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown. (Bake at 170 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes)
- A skewer should come out clean when the pudding is tested – the pudding might sink slightly in the centre.
To prepare the sauce:
- Place the fresh cream, butter, sugar, cocoa powder and Frangelico into a sauce pan.
- Stir well over a low heat until the butter melts.