Andre 041 585 6996
Mounting the print
- Show different framed samples and emphasize that you don’t necessarily have to spend a lot of time and money on finding suitable art work- art shops sell affordable prints but you can also use pictures from old calendars, or simply use family photos. Mirrors are also ideal to frame.
- Select print of old building as a suitable print to be framed.
- Decide on a suitable colour mat board that will form the surrounding border.
- Decide on the border width(50 mm), add to picture size and cut mat board to size.
- Also cut grey backing board same size as mat board for later use.
- Mark out border width on back of matboard and cut bevelled opening using matcutter and ruler.
- Attach picture to top of matboard only- use acid free tape and it must hang like a curtain from top. This will allow for expansion.
Making the frame:
- Select suitable coloured moulding (plain black with rebate) –moulding must not be too bright and must not distract from picture. Show small selection of mouldings.
- Place moulding in mitre saw and cut 4 sides slightly longer than required (5-8mm).
- Remember- Moulding is placed so that rebate faces operator with decorative side upwards- start with left cut- slide moulding to correct length -swing saw to right and cut.
- Use mitre trimmer to trim each end to ensure a perfect fit.
- Clamp all 4 sides of frame using strap clamp and insert V- nails from the back using “Pushmaster” tool.
- Frame is now ready for assembly.
Assembling all components in the frame:
- Place frame on table with rebate side facing upwards.
- Clean pre-cut glass and place inside frame
- Place matboard with hinged art print upside down on top of glass.
- Now place the grey backing board(cut earlier) on top of matboard
- Secure everything in the frame by inserting flexipoints into the rebate.
- Cover the open joint with brown backing tape.
- Insert screw eyes 150 mm from top using pushmaster or pliers
- Fasten hanging wire to screw eyes using special knot.
- Frame is now ready for hanging on the wall.