Grilled Summer Fruits with Herb and Honey Butter
Add fruit and a dash of honey, and fruit salad is a hot little number!
- 4 nectarines, pitted and cut into wedges
- 6 plums, pitted and halved
- 250g seedless grapes
- 1 large, firm mango, peeled and sliced
- 4-6 fresh figs, halved
- 100g butter
- 125ml honey
- 1 vanilla pod
- 10ml fresh rosemary (or two sprigs)
- 10ml thyme leaves (or 2 sprigs)
- Greek yoghurt, mascarpone or crème fraiche to serve
- Place all the fruit in a single layer in a large roasting dish. In a small saucepan, combine the butter, honey, vanilla, rosemary and thyme. Heat gently until the butter has melted. Remove from the heat and leave to stand for 10 minutes to let the flavours infuse the pour over the fruit and toss to mix well.
- Preheat the grill to very hot and grill the fruit until just softening and browning on the edges, or place on the grid over medium coals to simmer.
- Serve warm with yoghurt, mascarpone or crème fraiche.