Chorizo and Halloumi Sticks
Chorizo is a Mediterranean sausage made predominantly with pork and flavoured with paprika, which gives the sausage its characteristic red hue. The beauty of these sticks is that they are quick to cook and the juices from the sausage ooze into the bread.
Kettle Braai Direct Wood or Charcoal Fire
- 2 plain or peri-peri chorizo sausages
- 1⁄2 ciabatta loaf, crusts removed
- 240 g halloumi cheese
- 12 wooden kebab sticks, soaked in water for 30 minutes olive oil
- Cut the sausages into 2 cm chunks.
- Cut the loaf and cheese into 2 cm-thick slices, and then cut into chunks similar in size to the sausages.
- Thread the skewers alternately with chorizo, bread and cheese. Repeat until you have made12 kebabs.
- Brush with oil and toast over a hot fire until the bread is well toasted and the cheese is soft – this will take 8–10 minutes per side. Excellent served as a starter.