Thai Prawn Curry
- 1kg prawns – shelled and de-veined
- 40ml Spar sunflower oil
- 30ml red curry paste
- 400ml coconut milk
- 4 – 6 lime leaves
- 5 – 7ml sugar
- Salt to season
- Handful of fresh basil
- Handful of coriander
- Heat the sunflower oil on medium in a 30cm pot.
- Add the red curry paste and sauté for a few seconds taking care not to burn the paste.
- Pour the coconut milk and add the lime leaves, sugar and salt.
- Bring the sauce up to the boil and add the prawns.
- Simmer until the prawn tails begin to curl and switch off the heat.
- Sprinkle the fresh basil and coriander over the prawns.
- Toss lightly and serve with jasmine rice.