- 4 eggs
- 185ml sugar
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 250ml cake flour10ml baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 60ml cold water
- 125ml sunflower oil
- Icing sugar to dust cake
- Double Thick Greek Yoghurt or whipped cream, to serve
- 60ml honey, to drizzle
- 100g roasted pistachios, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius. Grease and line a 25cm cake tin.
- Whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add in the castor sugar and continue beating. The mixture must be light and should leave a trail on the surface that is visible for three seconds.
- Add vanilla essence and fold in half the sifted dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Add the cold water and then the remaining sifted flour.
- Lastly fold in the sunflower oil. Ensure that you have folded in the ingredients properly especially the batter at the bottom of the bowl.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes until the cake slightly shrinks away from the tin.
- Let the cake stand for a minute or two before turning it out onto a wire rack. Leave to cool completely.
- Dust the cake with icing sugar and slice.
- Dollop a scoop of Greek Yoghurt over the cake and drizzle with honey.
- Sprinkle the pistachios over and serve