Mushroom and Pea Curry
- 50ml sunflower oil
- 5ml mustard seeds
- 5ml cumin seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5ml coarse salt
- 10ml crushed garlic
- 10 – 15ml red chilli powder
- 400g tinned tomatoes, chopped
- 10ml ground coriander
- 5ml ground cumin
- 2ml turmeric
- 400g button mushrooms, halved
- 250ml frozen peas
- Fresh curry leaves, to garnish
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Add the mustard seeds and when they begin to pot, stir in the cumin seeds.
- Once the cumin seeds begin to sizzle, add the chopped onion and coarse salt.
- Sauté the onion until light golden brown.
- Sprinkle the coriander, cumin and turmeric over the tomatoes,
- Stir well and leave to simmer until the tomatoes form a thick sauce.
- Add the mushrooms and simmer until tender.
- Scatter the frozen peas over the mushrooms and leave to simmer for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add a little boiling water to thin out the sauce if necessary.
- Garnish with fresh curry leaves and coriander.