Greek Inspired Lamb Pilau
- 2 large eggplants, sliced lengthwise and grilled
- 60ml sunflower oil
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 bay leaves
- 5ml cumin seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 700g lamb mince
- 5ml garam masala
- 5ml cumin powder
- 10ml coriander powder
- 750ml cooked Basmati Rice
- Salt to season
- 200g feta
- 62.5ml fresh herbs, chopped
- Combine the following ingredients:
- 30ml fresh lemon juice
- 30ml honey
- 45ml olive oil
- 50ml fresh mint, chopped
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry cinnamon sticks and bay leaves and fry until fragrant.
- Add cumin seeds and onions.
- When onions are golden brown, add garlic, powdered spices, lamb mince and eggplant flesh.
- Sauté mince in spices and onions until cooked through and browned.
- Layer the basmati rice over the mince.
- Place the brinjals over the rice and add the pieces of feta.
- Drizzle the dressing over the pilao.
- This dish can be made with chicken mince.
- Add fresh green chilli for a spicier dish
- Use baby eggplants if you are serving this dish as a starter.