- 175g soft butter
- 60g sugar
- 397g condensed milk
- 280g cake flour
- 10ml baking powder
- 5ml bicarbonate of soda
- 190ml cold water
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 240g Lindt dark chocolate, melted
- 65ml pecan halves
- Whipped cream, to serve
- Grease and line a 25cm or 10 inch square tin.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- Cream the butter and gradually add the sugar.
- When the mixture is light and fluffy, add the condensed milk and beat well.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and continue beating.
- Pour the water and vanilla essence into the batter and mix until well combined.
- Fold the melted chocolate into the batter, lifting the mixture from the bottom of the mixing bowl.
- Turn the batter into the tin and top with pecan halves.
- Gently press the nuts into the batter bake at 180 degrees celsius for 40 minutes.
- Turn out onto a wire rack and place on a chopping board.
- Slice the brownies into squares and serve with whipped cream.