- 50ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5 – 7ml coarse salt
- 30ml coriander seeds, pounded
- 10ml crushed ginger
- 10ml crushed garlic
- 10 – 15ml red chilli powder
- 700g deboned chicken thighs
- 5ml roasted ground cumin
- 5ml roasted ground coriander
- 5ml garam masala
- Pinch of turmeric
- 400g tinned diced tomatoes
- 10ml Magic Masala
- Coriander and curry leaves, to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a 30cm pot.
- Add the chopped onion and coarse salt.
- Sauté until the onion is light golden and add the pounded coriander seeds.
- Add the crushed ginger and garlic and fry until fragrant.
- Add the red chilli powder and stir for a few seconds.
- Stir the chicken thighs into the onion and chili mixture.
- Once the thighs are sealed, add the cumin, coriander, garam masala and turmeric.
- Stir well to coat the chicken with the spices and then add the tomatoes.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Sprinkle the Magic Masala over the cooked chicken.
- Simmer for a minute and garnish with fresh curry leaves and coriander.