Chicken Curry with Lentils
TIP : Chickpeas or frozen peas can be used instead of lentils.
- 50ml sunflower oil or cooking olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 5ml coarse salt
- 15ml ginger and garlic, crushed
- 10 – 15ml red chilli powder
- 700g chicken fillets, sliced
- 5ml cumin
- 5ml coriander
- 5ml garam masala
- 2ml turmeric
- 1 x 400g tinned tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin lentils
- 60ml fresh cream
- 15ml Magic Masala
- Heat oil in a 30cm pan.
- Fry the onion with the coarse salt until light golden brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the red chilli powder and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the chicken fillets and stir fry until the pieces are sealed.
- Next add the cumin, coriander, garam masala and turmeric.
- Stir well to coat the chicken in the spices and then add the tinned tomatoes.
- Continue stirring until the tomatoes soften and coat the chicken in a thick sauce.
- Spoon the lentils over the chicken and add the fresh cream.
- Simmer for a minute and then sprinkle the Magic Masala over.