Tomato and Goats Cheese Cream Bruschetta with Herb Oil
- 350g (12 oz) rindless soft goat’s cheese
- 50ml (2 fl oz) double cream
- 100g (4 oz) walnuts
- 8 x 2cm (¾ “) thick slices of bread,
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 8 slices
- HERB OIL
- 2 large handfuls mint leaves
- leaves from 1 bunch fresh basil
- 200ml (7 fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- First, prepare the herb oil. Place the mint, basil and olive oil in a food processor or blender and blitz until well chopped. Season to taste.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the goat’s cheese, cream and seasoning together until smooth and fluffy.
- Toast the walnuts in a dry frying pan over a gentle heat (or on a baking sheet in an oven, preheated to 190C (Gas Mark 5 / 375F), for about 10 minutes) and then roughly chop.
- Toast the bread until golden in a toaster or under a hot grill.
- To assemble, sit a slice of tomato on each piece of toasted bread. Spoon some of the goats cheese mixture on top. Drizzle the herb oil over, scatter the walnuts on top and serve immediately.