Already a celebrity TV chef in the US, Stuart O’Keeffe returns home to Ireland for a brand new cooking show. Having built a successful career on The Food Network USA, Stuart brings his flair for cooking, charming personality and great food ideas together for the first time on his own show.
The series is full of unique, exciting and personal recipes from Stuart’s portfolio, as he concentrates on recipes that are practical as well as fun, so that the viewer will be able to replicate them at home.
Episode 1 – My Mother Thought Me This
In the first episode, Stuart’s parents are coming over for dinner. While he prepares their three course feast of Simple Chopped Salad, Buttermilk Fried Chicken with Sage Gravy and Spinach and Croissant Bread and Butter Pudding, Stuart reminisces about the influence his mother and auntie had on his culinary style.
- Simple chopped salad with toasted almond vinaigrette
- Buttermilk fried chicken with sautéed garlic spinach and sage gravy
- Chocolate croissant bread and butter pudding with chocolate sauce
Episode 2 – Easy Like a Sunday Morning
While his buddies are still wiping the sleep from their eyes, Stuart whips up his fresh take on the Sunday Morning breakfast cure! He treats sore heads and rumbling tummies with a serving of Corned Beef Hash, a Vegetarian Frittata with Asparagus and Spinach, and an unconventional hangover remedy to wash it all down, a Brown Sugar Mojito.
- Blueberry kick smoothie
- Corned Beef Hash
- Roasted Breakfast Tomatoes
- Green Frittata with Asparagus and Spinach
- Brown Sugar Mojito
Episode 3 – Anyone for Seconds
Stuart doesn’t believe that a host should slave away in the kitchen, so when he has a dinner party everyone gets involved in the action. With a buffet of asparagus and camembert cheese wrapped with prosciutto, tomato and goats cheese cream bruschetta with herb oil, beef tenderloin with cashel blue sauce and rosemary roast baby potatoes and a caramelized banana sundae for desert, making the meal is part of the fun.
- Asparagus and Camembert Cheese Wrapped with Proscuitto
- Tomato and Goats Cheese Cream Bruschetta with Herb Oil
- Roast Beef Fillet with Cashel Blue Butter and rosemary roast baby potatoes
- Caramelized Banana Sundae
Episode 4 – Go On, Treat Yourself
With fad diets and exercise crazes everywhere you look, Stuart is an advocate for a good healthy feed. After a stressful day or a hard workout, Stuart’s go-to dinner is a warm healthy one like roasted hearty tomato garlic soup and grilled cheese and sirloin steak sandwich, spaghetti with mushy peas or Irish sausages and ricotta cheese. He also puts together his healthy snack of choice, chewy pecan bars.
- Roasted Hearty Tomato and Garlic Soup
- Grilled sirloin steak & cheese sandwich with caramelized onion and herb aioli
- Tagliatelle with mushy peas, sausages and ricotta cheese
- Chewy Pecan bars
Episode 5 – Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner
Nobody wants to bore their dinner guests with a bland menu, but how adventurous is too adventurous for the Irish palette? With a spread of green salad with roasted pears and blue cheese, pork loin with sour cream smashed potatoes and balsamic cranberry sauce, and a simple hazelnut chocolate mousse with almond sable biscuits for dessert, Stuart knows exactly how to pique his diners’ interests.
- Green salad with roasted pears, pecans and blue cheese
- Roast pork loin with sour cream smashed potatoes and balsamic cranberry sauce
- Simple hazelnut chocolate mousse with almond sable biscuits
Episode 6 – You Say Tomatoes, I Say Tomatoes
Whether he is in America or Ireland there are some reliable ingredients that Stuart can pick up everywhere. These come in handy when he’s home and wants to give friends or family a taste of the US with his take American favourites like Corn Chowder, Cabernet short ribs with Mac and three cheese and a sweet lemon pound cake for dessert.
- Creamy Corn Chowder
- Braised Cabernet short ribs with mac and three cheese
- Lemon Pound Cake with crème fraiche and strawberries