Lemon Butter Calamari
- 1 kg Falklands Calamari tubes
- 1 tbs butter + 2 tbs butter
- 4 tbs olive oil
- Juice of 1-2 large lemons
- Italian parsley, chopped for decoration
- Wash and dry the calamari very well. Cut the tubes into smaller rings.
- (If using Calamari steaks, cut them into strips and then score the strips with a sharp knife at an angle in a criss-cross pattern).
- Toss the calamari with 2 tbs olive oil. Season them well with salt and pepper and a little paprika. Heat a frying pan with the butter and remaining olive oil and heat until almost smoking.
- Fry the calamari in batches just until coloured. Remove from the pan and continue until all the calamari is browned.
- Add 2 more tbs butter to the pan, then the lemon juice and swirl.
- Place the calamari back into the pan for a few seconds to coat with the sauce. Adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
- Serve immediately.