This decadent dessert oozes with temptation.
PREPARATION TIME: 25 minutes
CHEF’S TIP: This dessert must be refrigerated until ready to serve.
- 2 x 400g (14 oz) packets Savoiardi or finger biscuits
- 500g (1 lb) assorted berries and strawberries
- 100g (3.5 oz) white chocolate, grated
- Cocoa Mixture
- 80ml (⅓ cup) cocoa powder
- 250ml (1 cup) boiling water
- 30m (2 T) Kahlua
- Mascarpone Mixture
- 6 eggs, separated
- 180ml (⅔ cup) castor sugar
- 500ml (2 cups) mascarpone
- 200g (7 oz) white chocolate, grated
- Strawberry Coulis
- 150g (5 oz) strawberries or assorted berries
- 80ml (⅓cup) icing sugar
- Dip the biscuits lightly into the cocoa mixture. Place them on a platter in a row next to each other. Spoon some of the mascarpone mixture on top of the biscuits. Sprinkle with some berries. Top with more biscuits and more mascarpone mixture.
- Drizzle with strawberry coulis just before serving. Decorate with berries. Sprinkle with white chocolate. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the Cocoa Mixture
- Stir all ingredients together and set aside.
- For the Mascarpone Mixture
- Beat the egg yolks with the castor sugar until thick and creamy. Add the mascarpone and continue beating until mixture is stiff and firm. Fold in the grated white chocolate. Set aside. Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the mascarpone mixture. Place mixture in fridge to set.
- For the Strawberru Coulis
- Blend in a food processor or liquidizer until smooth.