Herb Rack of Lamb
- 2 kg shoulder of lamb or rack
- 1 x 30g fresh mint
- 1 x 30g fresh basil
- 20ml (2 tsp) ground cumin
- 15ml (1 tbs) paprika
- 30ml (2 tbs) chopped parsley
- 20ml (2 tsp) seasoning salt
- 80ml (_ cup) olive oil
- coarse salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Process the herbs in a food processor with the seasonings and olive oil until the
- herbs are chopped. Spread half of mixture on the underside of the racks.
- Place the racks in a roasting pan and roast for 40 minutes. Then turn over and coat
- the other side with herb seasoning and roast for a further 30 minutes. Remove racks
- and change oven temperature to grill.
- Grill both sides for 5 minutes until golden. Lamb should be pink inside.