Fresh Peach Tarts
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 400g (14 oz) puff pastry
- 60g (4 tbs) unsalted butter or margarine
- 4 yellow cling peaches or apples
- handful treacle brown sugar
- 125ml (½ cup) apricot jam
- crème fraiche or ice cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut the puff pastry into large circles. Melt the butter or margarine and brush onto each circle. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Slice the peaches very thinly and lay them in thin concentric circles on top of the sugar. Brush again with butter and sprinkle with more sugar.
- Bake for about 20 minutes in middle of oven until golden brown underneath.
- Remove from oven. Heat the apricot jam to soften it and brush over the fruit.
- Serve with crème fraiche or ice cream.