Grilled Chicken Breast with Ceaser Salad
- 1 egg yolk
- 30ml (2 tbs) lemon juice
- 10ml (2 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 45ml (3 tbs) mayonnaise
- 80ml-125ml (⅓-½ cup) light olive oil
- 5ml (1 tsp) salt
- coarsely ground black pepper
- 2-3 cos lettuces, broken
- Parmesan (if desired)
- Chicken Breasts
- 4 skinless and boneless breasts – pound them to make them flatter and more tender
- 30ml (2 tbs) creamed honey
- 30ml (2 tbs) Dijon or Wholegrain mustard
- For the dressing:
- Place the egg yolk, mustard, lemon juice and mayonnaise in a small bowl. Whisk together. Then slowly pour in the olive oil whisking all the time, until sauce thickens. Season well with salt and pepper.
- For the Salad
- Toss salad with dressing and croutons just before serving.
- For the Chicken Breasts
- Season chicken breasts with olive oil, and brush with a mixture of honey and mustard as well as coarse salt and pepper.
- Grill on a very hot, preheated grilling pan. Only turn once browned on that side. Grill approximately 3-4 minutes each side.
- Slice into thin strips and serve with the Caesar salad or serve the salad on the side with the chicken breasts whole on the plate.
NOTE: You can brush the breasts with some mustard whilst grilling to add extra flavour.