Broccoli Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- 2 packets tenderstem broccoli tips, blanched
- 1 packet asparagus tips, blanched
- 180g fine French green beans, blanched
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 200g rosa tomatoes, diced
- 1 packet Herb salad
- 100g toasted sliced almonds
- 175ml (⅓ cup) dried cranberries
- 125ml (½ cup) fresh pomegranates
- POPPY SEED DRESSING
- 125ml (½ cup) mayonnaise
- 10ml (2 tsp) mustard powder
- 175ml (⅓ cup) sunflower oil
- 60ml (¼ cup) white vinegar
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) minced garlic
- 60ml (¼ cup) sugar
- 10ml (2 tsp) poppy seeds
- coarse salt and pepper
- Blanch the vegetables in boiling water and then immediately place them into ice water:
- Broccoli for 6 minutes
- Beans for 5 minutes
- Asparagus for 3 minutes
- Dry them well before using them in the salad.
- Arrange vegetables on a bed of lettuce and top with the spring onions and diced tomatoes.
- Drizzle with dressing and then sprinkle with the almonds, dried cranberries and pomegranates.
- For the Dressing, Whisk all ingredients together. Drizzle over the salad.