- 250g (8 oz) fresh fettucine or tagliatelle
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) minced garlic
- 125g (4 oz) mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 200g (7 oz) mini rosa tomatoes
- 100g (3 oz) asparagus tips
- 60g (2 oz) feta, broken
- 125g (4 oz) ricotta, coarsely broken
- 175ml (¾ cup) cream
- Water from boiling pasta
- coarse salt and black pepper
- In a large non-stick frying pan sauté the red onion, garlic in oil until softened. Add the mushrooms and sauté until softened, seasoning with salt and pepper. Set aside. Place tomatoes in the same pan and lightly sauté them until they begin to soften with some more olive oil and coarse salt. Set aside. Add asparagus and sauté for a few minutes.
- Pour in cream and mix with vegetables. Remove from stove and add feta and ricotta.
- Boil the pasta in salty water until “al dente” for a few minutes, reserving some water for the sauce. Drain pasta and toss with the sauce immediately. Add water from pasta if necessary to thin the sauce.
- Serve immediately.