Seared Salmon with Soba Noodles and Vegetables
- 2 x 250g fresh Scottish or Norwegian Salmon fillets, skinned
- 150g (5 oz) Soba Noodles, boiled until “al dente”
- 50g (1.7 oz) snow peas
- 50g (1.7 oz) fresh asparagus
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 30ml (2 tbs) olive oil
- 30ml (2 tbs) soya sauce
- 30ml (2 tbs) rice vinegar
- 30ml (2 tbs) honey
- 10ml (2 tsp) fresh ginger, grated
- coarse salt and black pepper
- For the Dressing: Whisk all the ingredients together and season to taste. Set aside.
- Boil noodles, drain them and rinse with cold water. Leave to drain, then toss with the dressing. Set aside.
- Blanch the snow peas and asparagus and then plunge into ice water. Slice the avocado thinly and set aside.
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat. Drizzle the salmon with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Sear on both sides for about 4 minutes each or until the fish is just cooked through.
- Set aside and then flake into large pieces when fish is slightly cooled.
- TO ASSEMBLE: Arrange noodles in the centre of a platter. Surround with blanched vegetables and avocado. Dot with the salmon. Drizzle remaining dressing from noodles over everything. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.