- 1 x 400g roll Puff pastry
- 1 kg (2.2lbs) extra lean mince
- 60ml (¼ cup) oil
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 large potato, grated
- 5ml (1 tsp) cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10ml (2 tsp) lemon juice
- coarse salt and black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten to brush pastry
- Sauté the onion in the oil until softened. Then add the meat and cook the meat in batches so the water evaporates. Add the grated potato and simmer until the meat is tender – about 20 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and cinnamon to taste. Then add about 10ml (2 tsp) lemon juice. Set aside to cool for about ¾ hour.
- Spread filling into a pre-sprayed pie dish. Roll out pastry to fit over the filling. Pinch the edges of the dough together, making a pretty pattern. Brush with beaten egg. Refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Bake in the middle of a preheated 200°C oven for about 25-30 minutes or until golden.