Makes 6 patties
- 6 hamburger rolls
- 500g beef mince
- ⅓ onion, finely chopped
- 45ml (3 tbs) basil, finely chopped
- 30ml (2 tbs) Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 15ml (1 tbs) olive oil
- 1 egg
- 30ml (2 tbs) breadcrumbs
- coarse salt and black pepper
- Caramelized Leeks or Onions (Serves 6)
- 2 medium red onions
- 30ml (2 tbs) olive oil
- 30ml (2 tbs) treacle brown sugar
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until well combined. Shape into patties.
- Heat a medium frying pan with a drizzle of oil to medium-high heat. Cook the patties until golden on each side, and medium inside.
- For the Caramilized Leeks or Onions
- Slice the onions and then sauté them in the olive oil on a medium-low heat until softened. This should take about 20 minutes. Then stir in the sugar until just dissolved. Set aside.
- Serve the burgers on a bun with mayonnaise, mustard and the caramelized onions