- 2 tbs oil
- ½ onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tbs fresh ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Stalk of 1 lemongrass, finely chopped
- 300g beef mince
- 3 tbs hoisin sauce
- ½ English cucumber, julienned
- 100g mange touts, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 100g bean sprouts
- 2 tsps sugar
- 3 tbs soya sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Sauté the onion with the ginger, garlic and lemongrass until softened.
- Add the beef mince in batches, cooking each batch through. When all the meat is cooked, add the hoisin sauce and stir until it is well coated. Season to taste and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, julienne the cucumber, mange touts and carrot. Toss in a bowl together with the bean sprouts.
- Whisk the dressing: sugar, soya sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, toss the salad ingredients with the dressing and top with the mince.
- Serve immediately.