Dulce de Leche Ice Cream
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
CHEF’S TIP: I prepare this ice cream in advance and freeze it until ready to serve, but remove from the freezer to soften slightly before serving so that it is creamy.
- For the Sauce
- 1 tin caramelised condensed milk
- 175ml (¾ cup) cream or milk
- Ice Cream
- 2 litres vanilla ice cream
- 200g (7 oz) amaretto biscuits, lightly broken
- 100g (3.5 oz) pecans, toasted
- For the Sauce:Whisk the condensed milk and cream together and place on a low heat. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- To toast the pecans, place them on a baking tray in a 140ºC oven for about 10 minutes. Cool.
- To serve, sprinkle some of the amaretto biscuits on the bottom of the glass bowl. Spoon half the ice cream over them. Drizzle in the dulce de leche sauce. Spoon more ice cream into the bowl and complete with more dulce de leche sauce and a sprinkling of amaretto biscuits.