Ease of preparation: Easy
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1- 14 oz. (398 ml) can Italian tomatoes
- 1 tsp (5 ml) honey
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) orange juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- In a small saucepan, tenderize the garlic in oil for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, honey and juice. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Add the bread crumbs. Use a mixer to reduce the sauce to a smooth purée.
- Pour the sauce through a strainer, if wanted. Adjust the seasoning.
- Reserve in a hot area.