Ease of preparation: Moderate
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Refrigeration time : 4 hours
Serves : 6
- ¼ cup (60 ml) dried cranberries
- ½ cup (125 ml) boiling water
- 1 tea spoon (5 ml) gelatine
- ½ cup (125 ml) 35% cream
- 1 container of 250 gm of Liberty cream cheese
- ¼ cup (60 ml) non salted, shelled pistachios
- 1 commercial pound cake or cake, sliced and broiled (see note)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) apple blossom honey
- Line a 8 x 4 in (20 X 10 cm) bread mould with plastic film.
- In a bowl, re hydrate the cranberries in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- In a bowl, powder the gelatine onto the cream. Let swell for 5 minutes. Melt in the microwave oven for 1 minute or until the gelatine is melted.
- Use a food processor to pulsate the cheese for 15 seconds. Add the hot cream and mix until the mixture is smooth and homogenous.
- In a bowl, mix the cheese, the cranberries and the pistachios. Pour into the mould. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Extract the nougat from the mould and cut into 1 inch slices (2.5 cm). Put one slice per plate. Drop a thread of honey and accompany with broiled pound cake cut into triangles.
- Note: For an eye catching presentation, cut the pound cake into triangles. Place on a cooking plate and broil for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.