CHEF’S TIP: *Mirin is a Japanese sweet wine and can be substituted with sugar syrup. I use either frozen, tinned or fresh corn kernels.
- 45ml (3 T) olive oil
- 15ml (1 T) fresh ginger, minced
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 180g (6 oz) fine French green beans
- 250ml (1 cup) corn kernels
- 150g (5 oz) asparagus, cut into pieces
- 6 zucchini, julienned
- 45g (2 oz) baby salad onions
- 500ml (2 cups) fresh bean sprouts
- coarse salt
- black pepper
- Heat the oil in a wok. Add the ginger and carrots and stir-fry on high heat for a few minutes.
- Then add the beans, corn kernels, asparagus and zucchini and stir-fry for another 2 minutes, seasoning them with salt. As the vegetables begin to soften, add the reserved teriyaki sauce, as well as the salad onions and bean sprouts. Stir-fry on high heat to coat the vegetables. Set aside in a dish ready to serve.