- Remove all the hard exterior leaves. Cut off the hard stalks. Cut off all sharp points on the artichokes. Open out the leaves as widely as you can.
- Place them in cold water mixed with lemon juice and salt for at least 20 minutes to soak and clean them. This draws out the sand in the leaves.
- Place the artichokes upright in a pot or a dish. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Place the base of artichokes in a little water.
- To microwave: 15-20 mins on high depending on size of artichoke
- To boil: POT: 40-45 mins on medium high.
- Serve hot with hollandaise sauce or serve cold with a dill-mayonnaise sauce.