Makes 24 to 30 mini tarts
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 recipe Basic Vanilla Pastry Cream
- 30 fresh strawberries, stems removed
- For crust, preheat the oven to 350 °F and lightly grease mini muffin tins.
- Combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, sugar and salt in a bowl. Add the melted butter and mix until an even crumbly texture. Spoon about a tablespoonful of the mixture into each muffin cup and press it into the bottom and up the sides. Bake these for 10 minutes, then cool before assembling.
- Use a skewer to gently remove each tart shell from the tin Stir the pastry cream to soften and then spoon or pipe the filling into each cup and then arrange a strawberry on top of each. Chill until ready to serve. The tart shells and pastry cream can be prepared up to a day in advance, but should be assembled within a few hours of serving.