Chilli Chocolate-covered Strawberries
PREP TIME: 10
COOK TIME: 10
SERVES: 2 to 4 servings
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pure chilli powder, such as ancho
- 10 large strawberries with long stems
- In a heat-proof mixing bowl, add the chocolate, cream, and butter. Place over a smaller pot of simmering water. Be sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in the chilli powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Hold each strawberry by the long stem and dip into the chocolate allowing the excess to drizzle back into the pan.
- Place chocolate covered strawberries on a parchment or waxed paper lined sheet tray. Once chocolate is cool, chill until fully set, about 30 minutes.