Serves 16-20/ Vegetarian
- For the marinade
- 4 large handfuls torn fresh basil
- 16 celery sticks, trimmed and finely chopped
- 16 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 20 ripe tomatoes chopped, or 40 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 150ml (5fl oz) olive oil
- 600g (1lb 6oz) buffalo mozzarella, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the pasta
- 1.8Kg (4lb) small pasta shapes, such as fusilli
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and season to taste. Leave to sit for at least 2 hours or longer if possible; do not put it in the fridge.
- Once the marinade is ready, cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water and drain. Immediately toss with the marinade ingredients – the mozzarella will just begin to melt. Tip into a large serving bowl and place in the middle of the table. This dish is best eaten just warm.