Scrambled Eggs on Toast
Serves 2 / Vegetarian
There is nothing like a classic scrambled egg on toast for breakfast or brunch, or even supper! Made in about two minutes, it’s a perfect quick meal for hungry kids.
- 3 free-range eggs, best quality possible
- 2 tbsp milk (a little single cream mixed with the milk is, of course, divine!)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- 15g (1/2oz butter)
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add the milk and seasoning, and whisk for about
- 10 seconds. Pop the slices of bread in the toaster. Put the butter into a cold saucepan, add the egg mixture and stir continuously with a wooden spoon over a low heat until the mixture looks scrambled but still soft and creamy.
- Check the seasoning and serve, piled onto buttered toast.