Potato, Chorizo and Feta Frittata
- 250g (9oz) potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1cm (1/2 in) pieces
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 8 eggs
- 100ml (3 ½ fl oz) single cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh marjoram
- 125g (4 ½ oz) chorizo, sliced
- 125g (4 ½ oz) feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F), Gas mark 4. Place the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with boiling water and boil for 5 minutes or until just cooked. Do not overcook as they will go mushy. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a 25cm (10in) ovenproof frying pan, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and the sliced onion, cover with a saucepan lid and sweat over a gentle heat until soft and slightly golden. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl, add the cream, 1 teaspoon salt and the marjoram. Stir in the sliced chorizo, the cooked onions and potatoes.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in the frying pan. When it is hot, pour in the egg mixture and stir briefly to distribute the ingredients evenly. Top with the crumbled feta cheese. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 25-35 minutes or until set in the centre. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little before sliding it onto a large serving plate or a large cake tin lined with baking parchment, if you want to transport it on a picnic. Serve warm or at room temperature.