This is really fast and easy and can be served with the Homemade Pork Sausages on page 196, or with store-bought cocktail sausages if you are in a hurry and have a lot of little mouths to feed. The dip is slightly sweet from the honey, which works very well with the sausages. The Dijon mustard is not very hot, although you can add more mustard if you prefer and are serving to adults.
- For the sausages:
- 1 quantity of Homemade Pork Sausages (see page 196) or 40 cocktail sausages
- For the dip:
- 250ml (8fl oz) crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Cook the sausages in a frying pan, under the grill or in a hot oven.
- In a serving bowl, mix together all of the dip ingredients to combine.
- When the sausages are cooked, place the bowl of dip in the centre of a large serving plate and arrange the sausages around.