Green Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
Serves about 20 people/ Vegetarian
- For the green salad:
- As large a selection as possible of edible leaves and herbs
- Edible flowers, such as wild garlic, nasturtium, edible chrysanthemum and chive
- For the dressing:
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1tsp honey
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- Sprig of parsley
- A few chives, trimmed and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wash and dry the leaves and flowers and then tear them into bite-sized pieces. Put into a plastic bag or a covered bowl, which can be stored in the fridge for a couple of days if you need to get ahead. This is particularly good if you buy or pick all your leaves in one go, or you have friends staying for the weekend. You can then just pick and choose whatever you need, whenever you need it.
- To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake to mix. Taste for seasoning. Drizzle sparingly over a selection of your prepared salad ingredients in a bowl and toss to serve.